Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

BareMinerals

    Let me preface this post by saying that when it comes to make-up I am pretty oblivious to what is out there. Yes, wear makeup but ask me to do something outside of my normal makeup routine (contouring and eye make-up) I would not have a clue were to start.
So anyway, after Prom two years ago my friend and I went into the city and stopped at the BareMinerals store in Time Square. We each had our make-up done and I liked how it looked but could not justify spending $70 on make-up. Okay now fast forward to January 2013, a sophomore in college, I decided it was about time I developed a solid make-up routine and ditch my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. While I still use it every once in a while, a.k.a lazy days, it is by no means real make-up. 
Back to BareMinerals. I went into my "local" BareMinerals store and had them show my the basics of the product. I purchased a Starter Kit which come with 1) 1 ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation,  2) 1 Mini Prime Time Original Foundation Primer, 3) 1 Warmth All-Over Face Color, 4) 1 Mineral Veil finishing powder, 5) 1 Full Flawless Face Brush, 6) Flawless Application Face Brush, and 7) 1 Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush. The only complaint I have with the Starter Kit is that the Warmth Face Color is a bit to dark for my skin tone so I have to be very careful when I apply it. However, after stopping in the store this past week the sale associate was able to help me find a different shade of Warmth that I will sure to be purchasing when I need a refill.


After six months of using BareMinerals, I must say I love it. Despite what some skeptics say, I love that when applied it does not leave a streaky finish and that I feels so light. In addition, you can determine the amount of coverage that is applied: some days a lot others a little. I was so pleased that I also purchased BareMinerals eyeshadow (8.The Inspiration and 9. The Phenomenon) and blush (The Aphrodisiac).
Check out their website or head over to a local store/Sephora!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment