Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Snow Days

      So as you probably all heard Nemo graced the east coast on Friday. As a result Hamden, CT received 40 inches of snow. This I must say was a mixed blessing with 3 days off from school giving me time to catch up on work but I am also going out of my mind from boredom and that it was supposed to be recruitment weekend.
      On Friday, I kept it low key staying in my room watching Gilmore Girls and the snow fall. I also refashioned a lace skirt I got from J.Crew a few years ago. The shape and material made me look frumpy so I didn't really wear it. However, a few months ago I came across the lace pencil skirt and attempted to refashion the skirt I had. It was actually pretty easy. First, loosely stitched the lace to the under skirt on the seem so it wouldn't buckle when I took in the sides. Next I took a pencil skirt that I already had to get the right shape. And sewed along those lines to achieve the desired shape.
        On Sunday. I spent 2 and a half hours shoveling out friends cars. Just to let you know my shoulders are killing me.... I should probably start to work out. As a reward for shoveling, my staff went to out for sushi last night and it was so good! Not just the food but to be off campus!
        One last note before I go. I finally decided that I want to study abroad in Florence, Italy! I am so excited finishing my application and that I will be studying with one of my sorority sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment